Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Jon & Cate Chronicles

A funny thing happened.

After nearly a year of writing I finished my first story, Stick to Your Guns. What was originally intended to be a few-chapter short story somehow grew into a full-fledged novel. When I wrote the final word and posted the last chapter I vowed it was time to move on from Jon and Cate. Their tale had been told; it was time to let them live their lives in peace.

Then I realized I missed them. I started to think about what their lives must be like, two strong-willed high-achievers starting over together, trying to figure out how to balance careers and relationships and families and life. I knew their story wasn't over, but I wasn't ready to commit to another epic saga.

So I decided to just write a scene, just a few paragraphs to satisfy my Muses and get the idea out of my head. One scene was followed by another, and another... well, you get the idea.

What resulted is a collection of short stories, little moment-in-time "biscuits" in which we peek into the chaotic, romantic, and occasionally humorous world of Jon and Cate. I've collected them here for your reading pleasure.

Any future Jon and Cate visits will be announced and linked in this blog.  

No comments: